The African Assembly for the Defense of Human Rights ( RADDHO)
- Address : Villa 4024 Amitié 2 Allées Seydou Nourou Tall BP 15246 Dakar Fann,
- Sector: Droit de l'homme
The African Assembly for the Defense of Human Rights ( RADDHO) is a Non - governmental organization (NGO ) , non-partisan and secular which was created in Dakar April 21, 1990 by a group of African intellectuals , predominantly composed of researchers and teachers at the University Cheikh Anta Diop of Dakar. RADDHO a Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations Observer Member of the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights ( ACHPR) of the African Union.
Its aims are to promote, defend and protect human rights in Senegal and in Africa:
* Ensuring respect for life and human dignity
* Promoting the full exercise of citizenship especially effective equality of rights among citizens
* Contributing to the emergence and consolidation of the Rule of Law and Democracy in Africa
* Contribute to the rapprochement of the African peoples, encouraging them, peace, friendship and solidarity.
To achieve these goals, RADDHO use any legal means to:
* Awareness of the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights and all international text is of interest for human rights and ensure their effective implementation in States Parties
* Collect, disseminate and exchange information on the situation of Human and Peoples' Rights in Africa and around the world
* Contribute to the human rights education
* Provide legal assistance to victims of rights violations
* Mobilize public opinion Senegalese, African and international to denounce all cases of violation of human rights and the adoption of constitutional and legislative texts guaranteeing their respect
* Encourage cooperation between RADDHO and international and African national organizations with the same goals.